Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stressful, Tiring Week...

Okay, forgive me, but I’m gonna go off the beaten path and start by saying I love living here. The things we get to do living in such a wonderful place, like midnight Capture the Flag, walks along the beach (lake shore) and through the forest, are amazing and make me so grateful to be here. That’s all. Okay, the other Links aren’t bad to be around. On to TGIF! Last Friday we went to some place (I can’t remember the name) and we got to bike through this ginormous park. So I can truthfully say that I’ve biked from Missouri to Arkansas. It was awesome, even if I don’t sound like it. I’m sure I do, though! I dived into a cave, watched others jump a stream, and ate apples. Three, to be exact. Later we ate at the best place in Branson, on a blueberry farm. The weekend was really fun, doing the activities mentioned at the beginning, although I was left a bit sore and a lot more like Link Selby with a bum arm. Monday we learned about Secular Humanism, as Donyes unpacked that for us. Humanism is the belief that humanity is the highest of all beings and that science and reason can answer any question presented. The two religious affiliations that are included in Secular Humanism are Agnostics and Atheists. Agnostics claim that there simply not enough evidence to prove the existence of a god, all-powerful or otherwise. Atheists fully deny the existence of such a being, and believe everything that happens is pure chance. On Tuesday, Karren Chancey came and talked to us about the bible! We learned the chronology involved and the order of the events in the bible, and the major locations of these happenings. On Wednesday, Donyes talked to us about dating. Basically, the world is doing everything wrong, and the standards of a “good” dating relationship from the world’s perspective are nowhere near God’s standards, and Christians should not conform. Extremely beneficial, and possibly one of the most relevant talks yet. To accompany him, Joe White talked about guarding our hearts from the world and its snares. If we allow the world in, there can be no room for Jesus. I also won a really soft Kanakuk blanket that day. Thursday, Ward Weibe walked us through the gospels, but also went really deep into how the entire bible is the story of God and His glory. It was great, except I was (regrettably) so tired that I couldn’t take decent notes. I’m learning to manage time more wisely, though. We’ll see how well I do by next week! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment