Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Final Post...

Well, it’s about that time. I know we were all expecting it to be so far away, but it’s finally here. The final blog post. In a week, Link Year will over. It’s a very sad fact, but looking back it’s been a great year. Last night at the Q&A with Donyes, he said something about how much I’ve grown this year. Its been an incredible amount, and I doubt he even knows the extent of it. I was even browsing through my Facebook history (and obviously deleted stuff) and was astonished at some of the things I’ve said and done. I’ve been told various times over the year that I seemed different, and I can finally see it. Different in a good way, though, because I am so much closer to the Lord as a result. Although Link Year is coming to an end, I have a ton to be excited about! I am going to get the opportunity to come back next year as a protégé! I’ll have the opportunity to mentor the students of next year while also being mentored myself. I’ll be so ready to take on whatever the world has for me. Anyway, our speaker this week has been Jonathan Pokluda, the leader of the Porch, a youth ministry under Watermark in Dallas. He’s a really great speaker, and a worthy speaker of our last week of class. He spoke at the final Fort of the Year as well. Quite an ending. He spoke on ways to ruin your life in your 20’s, and several pitfalls people fall into in their lives. I am trying to write a blog entry worthy of being the final one, but I have no idea how to do that. This year I’ve learned how to have legitimate friendships and relate to people, how to start a conversation with anyone, and how to live a life that’s honorable to Christ, yet I can’t end a blog correctly. Oh well, maybe I’ll learn how to do it if I continue blogging next year. We’ll see. For the last time, until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment