Thursday, March 27, 2014

Productive? Nope.

This week has been good, but certainly not the best. I had productivity goals that I haven’t been making and that’s frustrating me slightly. I even took a nap today, one that set me so far behind in my work. Naps are not good for being productive. I’ve broken my Lentin fast and been on the internet several times. Not a great week. On the other hand, our speaker this week was Joe White’s son, Brady White. He’s pretty funny, and Donyes likes him apparently, so he was sure to be a great speaker. He spoke on several things this week, certainly not the least of which was how much emphasis our society puts on feelings. In relationships, if we no longer feel love towards our partner we divorce or break up with them. On a related note, we were created to love God and one another in the way God loves us. Αγαπε, or “agape” (I have a Greek keyboard now (I know some Greek now)) is the divine, selfless love we were created for, and we put much more emphasis on ερος, or eros, the sexual love. This causes the feelings of emptiness people get from one night stands or putting their identity in a significant other. I haven’t even talked about Logos! We got this super expensive bible software at highly discounted prices (~$2,000 off and 50% discounts after that!!) and all we have to do is take a class over using it. It was an awesome deal. With Logos, you get a ton of different books, both teaching books and textbook-type deals. You can cross reference them side by side, read related verses in separate tabs, and even see the original Greek and Hebrew words used so that you can truly understand what God meant originally. I recommend it to anyone with a few thousand just lying around. I got my job back at Hollister as well! Not super excited about it, but I now have an income and can finish paying for Ireland, so that was definitely a plus for this week. My friendships here are going amazingly, these guys are the best. Okay, the random updates are over. Until next week, party peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment